Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Dave

Hi everyone,
       I am so sorry to inform you that I have just had a message to say that Dave has died at 5 o'clock this morning Australia.
Dave recently had a bout of pneumonia which is often a result of the degenerative disease called Supra Nuclear Palsy from which he has been suffering.    Yesterday he seemed to be pulling through and gave Sara the 'thumbs up'.
  I'm so glad about all the support and show of wonderful support from so many for Dave and his work over the last year.  He was loved by so many.  I'm especially glad that his book was published, and that I was able to visit him a few times lately.
      Genevieve McClean
      




Dear Gen

Dad died at 5am this morning 21/06/11 I was with him and I cuddled him and felt his last breaths and his heart give a little leap and then he was gone.  We washed him and dressed him in nice clothes and I put a tartan scarf on him and a kiwi flag and I have sung him songs and said buddhist mantras and I am happy he went so peacefully.

I will ring you later and skype

lots of love and hugs, he knew he was loved my family and friends and not alone.

love you

sara xxxxxxxxxx


3 comments:

  1. Banzan:

    Farewell...
    I pass as all things do

    dew on the grass.

    - from Zen Poems

    Lots of love to you Gen and your family, xR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gen, love you lots x Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down the track in the near future there will be a scattering of a poet's ashes off some wild beach in New Zealand. Stay tuned, x sara x

    ReplyDelete